Indigestion Gastric Problems
You know it when you feel it: that full, uncomfortable sensation in your belly during or after a meal. You might have burning or pain in the upper part of your stomach, too. It’s indigestion, also called dyspepsia.
ndigestion is often a sign of an underlying problem, such as gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD), ulcers, or gallbladder disease, rather than a condition of its own. Any treatment you get will depend on what the cause is. But there are ways you can feel better or avoid getting it.
Symptoms of Indigestion :
- Belching and gas.
- Nausea and vomiting.
- An acidic taste in your mouth.
- Fullness during or after a meal.
- Growling stomach.
- Burning in your stomach or upper belly.
- Belly pain.
Causes of Indigestion :
Men and women of all ages can get indigestion. It’s a common condition. But certain things make some people more prone to it. Causes include :-
- Stomach cancer. This is rare.
- Gastroparesis, a condition where the stomach doesn’t empty properly. It often happens to people with diabetes.
- Stomach infections
- Irritable bowel syndrome
- Pancreatitis, an inflamed pancreas
- Thyroid disease
- Eating too much, too fast, or when you’re stressed. High-fat foods can also add to the problem.
- Drinking too much alcohol
- Stress and fatigue
Call For Doctor's Appointments
Ayurveda Clinic & Panchakarma Therapy Center